Introduction to Bentonite
- A rock composed essentially of a crystalline clay-like mineral formed by devitrification and the accompanying chemical alteration of a glassy igneous material, usually a tuff or volcanic ash.
- Smectite refers to a family of non-metallic clays primarily composed of hydrated sodium calcium aluminum silicate. Common names for smectite include montmorillonite or sodium montmorillonite (“sodium bentonite” or “Wyoming bentonite”) and swelling bentonite (“Western bentonite”).
- There are two types of bentonite:
- Natural Calcium Bentonite or Calcium Montmorillonite
- Natural Sodium Bentonite or Sodium Montmorillonite
- Bentonite minerals occur as lenses or seams containing up to 50% moisture. They are rocklike in nature and usually extracted by opencast mining (quarrying).
- Natural sodium bentonite as the name suggests occurs with sodium as the predominant exchange cation. The name originates from its discovery near Fort Benton, USA. Sodium bentonites are characterized by high swelling, high liquid limit and high thermal durability.
- The vast majority of the montmorillonites occurring in abundance world wide are of the calcium type and referred to as calcium bentonites. The name montmorillonite originates from a discovery made at Montmorillon in France. Calcium bentonites are often characterized by much lower swelling and liquid limit values compared to natural sodium bentonite.
- All of our bentonite originates from India.
- Once the bentonite has been mined, it is then dried and finally sent to the factory for processing and packaging.
Packing and Delivery
Our Minimum Order Quantity for bentonite is 1.25MT packed into 1 Jumbo Bag. We also cater to large orders ranging from container to vessel basis
Animal feed is food given to domestic animals in the course of animal husbandry. There are two basic types, fodder and forage. Used alone, the word “feed” more often refers to fodder. Bento Feed bentonite is natural sodium bentonite which is rich in montmorillonite. Bentonite Clay is accepted as generally recognized as Safe(GRAS) as a direct food ingredient. There are various benefits of using bentonite as Animal Feed as listed below:
- Bentonite for Animal Feed is a rich colloidal Bentonite with a mesh of 200 & above
- Bentonite Grain Size is little coarser to spread evenly on Animal Food
- Bentonite is able to strengthen the Egg Shell as it prevents lumping and caking via absorbing excess moisture and oils.
- Bentonite is Non Toxic & Non Corrosive
- Bentonite would able to Help in Better Digestion for animals such as Dogs & Cats
Calcium bentonite clay is a natural substance that is used as an alternative tradition. Deltacorp is a premier supplier of Calcium Bentonite for Cosmetics. It is used for various cosmetics uses as per below
- Toxin Remover : Able to get rid of skin & allergy issues
- Digestive Disturbances: Acid Reflux, Constipation, Bloating, Gas
- Facial Use : For removal of acne and clear face
DeltaCorp Sdn. Bhd is a bentonite supplier for Foundry. It is specially processed with necessary additives to achieve good thermal conductivity at higher temperature.
The Primary use of using bentonite for foundry is the production of non-ferrous casting. As Deltacorp is a bentonite supplier, we have ready stocks in hand at our warehouse.
- Bentonite as a Binder for special moulding sands
- Bentonite as a Binder for synthetic moulding sands
- Bentonite as a Binder for anhydrous casting sands.
- Bentonite Develops good green and dry strength and better flow ability with optimum temperature of water
- Bentonite has a High thermal stability
- Easy to develop sharp and strong mold edge and corners
- Bentonite provides Excellent reliability
- Bentonite has a Good mold strength in high pressure molding.
- Bentonite Develops good strength at lower addition
- Bentonite provides a Better control on active clay
As Deltacorp is an authorized supplier of bentonite, it carry various types of bentonite that is of used for numerous construction activities such as GCL.
Bentonite is widely used for GCL. The primary usage of Bentonite in GCL is to obtain low hydraulic conductivity. In order to obtain, several factors has to be taken into account as per below:
- Clay Quality of bentonite
- Amount of bentonite Clay Used Per Unit
- Uniformity of bentonite
Bentonite is also used for various purpose for Geosynthetic Clay Liners construction. DELTA CORP SDN.BHD is a premier bentonite supplier for GCL uses. The company have supplied bentonite to various construction firms in Malaysia for major projects
Use Of Bentonite
- Bentonite affixed via stich-bonding provides additional internal resistance to shear in the clay layer.
- Bentonite as a primary ingredient and affixed by needle-punching to a woven or non-woven upper geo-textile
- Bentonite as a Primary Ingredient mixed soluble adhesive to a woven upper and lower geo-textile
- Bentonite as a Primary ingredient mixed with an adhesive and bonded to a blend of high & low density.
During Boring/ Drilling of pile, the side of the bore hole is subjected to various types of force and pressure like
- Active earth pressure
- Overburden Pressure
- Hydrostatic Pressure
- Pore Pressure
Functions of Bentonite for Drilling
Bentonite is used various applications of drilling as per below mentioned. This is due to Thixotropic property of Bentonite suspension, it permits the material to have consistency of a fluid when introduced into the excavation & when undisturbed forms a jelly
Deltacorp is a Bentonite supplier for drilling.
The Applications that can be used
- Bentonite is able to seal the borehole walls, to remove drill cuttings, and to lubricate the cutting head.
- Bore hole scavenging for salt water and sweet water.
- Bentonite can be used to reduce Drill Fluid Formation
- Used where pipe jacking technique is employed especially micro tunelling & HDD ( Horizontal Directional Drilling)
- Underground mining
- Bentonite can be used for River crossings to reduce seapage losses
- Coal-bed methane drilling
- Curb-to-house installations
- Surface coring jobs
- Under-highway boring
- Fast and easy mixing Of Bentonite enable faster approach to construction Jobs
- Bentonite is able Stabilize the bore hole upon discharge of Drilling Equipment
- Develop good suspension at lower dossage
- Control loss of drilling fluid.
- Carry rock cuttings to the surface and leave them there.
- Caviteness: fill the bore hole without cavities
- Quick hardening quick thixotropy ensures cavity bridging.
- Plasticity: permits static safety of the GSHP even in case of specific geologic activities
Bentonite for Oil & Gas Drilling
Bentonite is mainly used as a drilling mud & part oil-well cement formation.
The best type of bentonite is obtained via bentonite that has high sodium montmorillonite. If a bentonite does not have a high sodium montmorillonite, the filter cake permeability, viscosity build-up will be adversely affected especially when bentonite is used a drilling fluid.
A bentonite with the required specification for the oil & gas industry will be able to provide
- Lightweight cementing system
- Bentonite is able to provide Good fluid loss control as seepage from landfills must be collected and properly disposed
- Good rheological properties
- Adequate compressive strengths
- High Plasticity
- Absorb large amount of Water
Bentonite, when mixed with water, forms a fluid that is pumped through the drill stem, and out through the drill bit. It then extracts the drill cuttings from around the bit, which are then floated to the surface.
The drilling mud or Bentonite NP40, or gel also serves too cool and lubricate the drill bit as well as seal the drill hole against sea page and to prevent wall cave-ins.
Supporting suspensions for cut-off diapghram wall construcitons, antrifiction agents for shaft sinking, additiivbe to concrete and mortar, impermeabilization of ground soil
- Bentonite For Coal Briquitting,
- Bentonite For Bitmun and Tar suspensions for roads,
- Bentonite For Bleaching and Active Earths
- Bentonite For Piling and Civil Engineering for Slurry Trench Cut ( Diapgrham Wall)
- Bentonite for Cement Grout (swelling in fissures) ( used in hydroelectric dam project)
- Soil Cement Bentonite Slurry Walls
- Bentonite with high swelling
- instantenous thixotropy
- Fine Base Exchnage Capacity
- Best gelling ( 100 % gelling by 2 % )
- meeting all International Specifiation in Piling
- Evironmentally safe and does not affect the water, live stock or wild life when properly applies.
- soil concrete
- Resistant to erosion & barrowing animals, Provide encasement for critical foundations and as replacement for completed clay when construction take place in wet and cold condition
Bentonite, chosen for primary and industrial waters treatment.
Industries Served :
- Textile/ Garment Industry
- Paint Industry
- Food & Beverages Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Municipal Solid Waste Landfill
- Metal Processingy
- Porcelain Industry
- treating waste waters from the galvanising industry and where the phosphate coating of metal surfaces is carried out,
- treating the effluent from automobile spray booths, furniture makers, and leather dying works.
- Sealing of ponds in blanket method in civil engineering, water proofing , adsorption of impurities , coagulation of bacteria , waste water purification and water treatment.
- Macroflocculation that absorbs and removes the suspended materials, heavy metals, oil and greases.
- By the bentonite heavy flocks it will occur a fast sedimentation of the polluting material and a complete water clarification absorbing heavy metals, pigments, removing emulsified oils; making easier flocculation and quicker sedimentation of contaminants.
- Low permeability soils to ensure protection of groundwater from the pollutants.
- Active protective layer of geosynthetic clay liners.
- Execellant Filtration Loss Properties
- Seals Casing
- Re-hydrate and re-swells
Examples of Chemicals Removed:
- Waste Landfill Leachate
- High Nickel and Copper Concentrations
- Clay Waste Water
Bentonite for retention and drainage system
I-floc is a selectively mined & processed sodium activated bentonite to use as a retention, drainage and formation aid in the manufacturing of paper products.
Solubility: Dispersible but insoluble in water or alcohol
1) Bentonite acts as a Cost-effective retention, drainage and formation aid
2) Use of bentonite provides an excellent Cation exchange capacity
3) Bentonite is Effective regardless of whether it is used in high and low Ph environment
4) Bentonite provides a Low charge density therefore having minimal impact on system electrochemistry
5) Bentonite provides a high tolerance and reduction in system aids for paper.
Function and Uses:
I-floc series of bentonite high quality sodium activated montmorolite selectively mined for use as a retention, drainage and formation aid.
Optimun performance can be achieved when I floc is used as conjuction with medium to high molecular weight cation or anionic polymer although branch or cross linked are used